Nokia 6600 Slide
Released August, 2008
The Pros:Screen is really sharp, very dense pixels. Incredibly thin, fits into any small pocket no problem. Sliding action feels solid and smooth.
The Cons:Battery life is pretty short, can't have too many long conversations before it dries up. Accumulates fingerprints and smudges quickly, constantly end up cleaning it. Buttons on the keypad are a little awkward to hit with one hand, especially at the bottom.
The Nokia 6600 Slide is a sliding 3G-enabled handset with similar features to the Nokia 6600 Fold, released at the same time. The frame style is still sleek and glossy, and the 6600 Slide has the same 2.2", 16-million color display.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
One difference is that its camera is upgraded to 3.15-megapixels, and switches to landscape mode when rotated sideways. It also has a secondary VGA camera for videocalling. All other features are the same as the Fold, including Bluetooth, Opera Mini browsing, mp3 player and FM receiver, and 18MB of on-board memory. The 6600 Slide does not feature the same touch sensitive buttons or automatic opening as the 6600 Fold, and as such has a lower price point.
- Release Date: August 2008
- 2G Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G UMTS 850/2100
- 2.2"-diagonal 16-million color display
- Sleek, glossy frame with sliding keypad
- 3.15-megapixel digital camera with LED flash, video capture, and autorotate
- Secondary VGA videocalling camera
- mp3 player
- Opera Mini Internet browser with applications like Nokia Search and Nokia Maps
- FM radio receiver
- Bluetooth v2.0
- 18MB internal memory, with microSD card expansion up to 8GB
- SMS, MMS, email, instant messaging, audio messaging
- Up to 4 hour talk time battery life
User Reviews (4)
screen is really sharp, very dense pixels
incredibly thin, fits into any small pocket no problem
sliding action feels solid and smooth
menus are well organized, easy to pick up and start using without reading a manual
battery life is pretty short, can't have too many long conversations before it dries up
accumulates fingerprints and smudges quickly, constantly end up cleaning it
buttons on the keypad are a little awkward to hit with one hand, especially at the bottom
You may also like...